Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat is organizing Conclaves in four different discipline of Law as a part of the Academia Conclave series in the month of July, 2016 with an aim of blurring the boundaries between the disciplines that we study and encourage an amalgamation of different ideas and perspectives that cut across discipline. .This Conclave series will feature experts drawn from the bar, bench and academia like Senior Advocate PP Rao, Senior Advocate KTS Tulsi, Senior Advocate Colin Gonsalves, Senior Advocate Soli Sorabjee, Senior Advocate R. Venkatramani, Senior Advocate Salman Khurshid, Senior Advocate Geeta Luthra, Mr. Zameer Nathani, Director-Legal, Raymond Ltd, Mr. Shamnad Basheer, Indian legal scholar and founder of SpicyIP, Mr. Lalit Bhasin, Ex-Chairman of Film Certification Appellate Tribunal and President of Society of Indian Law Firms, Mr. Rodney Ryder, Partner, Scriboard, Mr. Shuva Mandal, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Mumbai etc.who will explore the contours of our “more perfect union” in a variety of formats, from legal debate to oral arguments.
We as a part of Academia Conclave series are inviting Policy Proposals on various topics which are aimed at enhancing the understanding, application and interpretation of the law by students, by laying prominence on the aspect of problem-solving as well as legal coherence. The interested participants have to draft a proposal on the given themes. The top 2 entries shall be selected from each category and awarded with attractive prizes to be announced at the Valedictory Ceremony.
HOW TO REGISTER
Interested Students may fill the given google doc forms and send their proposals at firstname.lastname@example.org before the given deadline. Further, if the proposal is selected they will have to complete the registration by paying up the fees at the links mailed to them.
THEMES OF THE DIFFERENT CONCLAVE:
Constitutional Law: Establishment of National Court of Appeal in the country
Criminal Law: Reforming Criminal Disenfranchisement Laws in India
Corporate Law: Establishment of National Company Law Tribunal and National Company Law Appellate Tribunal in the country
IPR Law: Analysis and suggestions on New IPR Policy, 2016
Last date to send the entries: 15th June, 2016
Submission Guidelines, Academia Conclave Series, 2016
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students pursuing law and enrolled in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of 2 students is permitted.
Guidelines for Submission
- The proposal paper must be submitted in English only.
- The Proposal paper should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The Proposal paper published elsewhere or selected/ submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the Proposal paper.
- The word limit for the Proposal paper is 2000-3000 words, not including footnotes.
- The Proposal paper should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 19th Edition
- The proposals must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Proposal Paper, Constitutional/Criminal/Corporate/IPR Law Conclave, 2016’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The papers may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Name(s) of the Author(s):
- College/ Institute/ University of Author(s):
- Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s):
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s):
For further details, log on to our Facebook page here.