CENTRE FOR IPR
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights was established with the objective of enhancing the intellectual property knowledge base and research capabilities of the country in general and the student community in particular. The centre attempts to achieve these aims through a two pronged strategy. Firstly, it attempts to disseminate information on intellectual property rights with a view to create awareness in the public in general. Secondly, it initiates research into relatively unexplored and novel areas. To create awareness of IPR so as to equip the students and other professionals with the latest developments in the field of IPR also to expand knowledge and understanding of the idea, substance and scope of Intellectual Property Rights Centre for IPR was set up in 2013. The main objective of the Centre for IPR is to become the beacon in the field of Intellectual Property Rights by encouraging development of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia, practitioners and research fraternity. Keeping this objective in mind, an IP clinic has been established at ILNU this would not only provide knowledge to students but also make them blossom into complete individuals having proper knowledge in their field of study.
Objectives and Aims
- To promote awareness on IPR among students and Legal fraternity.
- To provide a platform of discussion and activities related IPR
- To encourage interested students in advancing their studies towards this subject
- To conduct Training Workshops for the students
- To seek association with law firms working in India like Anand and Anand, Lal Lahori Salhotra, Nanavati Associates, Y.J. Trivedi, for practical exposure of the students
- Conducted IPR awareness amongst the students in various Institutions under Nirma University.
- An IPR workshop was held on 18th- 20th September 2013 at Institute of Law, Nirma University. The workshop was attended by Engineering, Pharmacy, Science and Law faculties of Nirma University.
- Call for Papers for the first issue of ‘Journal of Intellectual Property Rights’ (JIPR) being published by Centre for IPR.
- Distinguished lecture cum interactive sessions by eminent persons on various aspects of IPR
Coordinators and Committee
- Prabuddha Ganguli, MHRD IPR Chair Professor, Tezpur University, Assam
- V.C. Vivekanandan, ?MHRD IPR Chair Professor, NALSAR, Hyderabad
- Ghayur Alam, MHRD IPR Chair Professor, NLSIU, Bhopal
- Shamnad Basheer, Former MHRD IPR Chair Professor, NUJS & Founder, Spicy IP?
- V.K.Unni, Associate Professor, IIM – Calcutta
- M. Padmavati, Associate Professor, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, WB
- Pranit Nanavati, Partner, Nanavati Associates, Ahmedabad
- Jatin Trivedi, Partner, Y.J. Trivedi and Associates, Ahmedabad
Head of the Centre: Ms. Silky Mukherjee, Assistant Professor (Law)